As friendly fire is a danger with these weapons, both Spies and Motorcycle , Pilots are the favored shotgun troopers. Alternatively shotguns can be used in conjunction with Speed upgrades to quickly get the trooper into firing range.
Thankfully, the class has a good Aim, ensuring you won't miss most of unprotected targets. On top of that shotguns work perfectly in conjunction with all types of Special Ammunition (unlike the Fragmentation Grenades). When used in combination with the right skills, the weapons in this class are perfect for Shock Troopers.
- Shotgun (one of the default weaponry with more drawbacks than actual use, better save for any other model, as this one works fine only in a secondary weapon niche; worse Damage in its class with minimal capacity and spare shells).
- Double-Barrelled Shotgun (fires two shells at a time, longest Range, capacity for only 1 burst).
- Pump Action Shotgun (offers fine Recovery, and reloads automatically, hence no problems with being half-loaded).
- Scattergun (extended Area of Effect and best Damage – all at a price of minimal Critical and capacity).
- Semi-Auto Shotgun (sole semi-automatic model affected by Burst-improving upgrades, also offers the best Recovery in its class).