Communications is a temporary global Stat, which allows all of your Troops to use a number of active support Abilities. Communications pool serves only to match ability requirements and does not increase their rates of use, no matter how big the pool is. Commands are always given at every 400 clock ticks.
Ways to Get Communications
- Specializing a Comms. Officier (+5 , additional +1 with each new level). COs don't need to be deployed and boost communications indirectly, but once in the field they are anecdotally noted to use abilities more frequently than others. After a CO is dead, he no longer provides a boost.
- Utilizing a Radio (+1 at a cost of taking an equipment slot).
- Solo Mission (noticeable Initiative boost for one trooper).
- Commando (not to be confused with Commando) (slight Initiative boost in an Area of Effect surrounding the trooper; hostiles caught in the AOE are affected as well).
- Locked (enemy target acquires the status for an indefinite period of time, and is 100% likely to get hit).
- Propaganda (enemy trooper at very close range joins your side, completely retaining their current condition of life points, weapons, munitions, equipment, and effects), negated by Smart.
- Support (2 additional troopers Deploy during combat), comparable to Talky-Walky (1 trooper). Comms. Officiers can deploy themselves this way if they are in the reserves. Additionally it is possible to call in any Vehicle, which in any other instance would require sufficient Deployment.
- Retreat (all friendlies exit the battle, being replaced by a fresh wave of reinforcements. Retreated troops join the next wave with life points, weapons, munitions, and equipment replenished, and no negative effects).
- Solo Mission: 1 Comm's point
- Commando: 5 Comm's points, Must have at least 1 teammate around ?
- Locked: 1 Comm's points
- Support: 5 Comm's points, Must have at least 1 trooper in the reserve ?
- Retreat: 10 Comm's points, Must have at least 1 trooper in the reserve ?
- Propaganda: 20 Comm's points, Enemy must be between 0 and 1 range from "pointer".