Dodge is supposedly an individual stat closely related to Aim. A complete mystery of a stat, with no confirmation if it's actually present in the game. However, some Skills refer to it one way or another. It's entirely possible that it's an additional check run once the Trooper in question is hit. But it as well might be just a modifier to Aim, applied upon firing. Nevertheless, it has an important impact on gameplay, so it can't be ignored. While Aim covers all instances related to a trooper's accuracy. Dodge covers anything to do with avoiding hits altogether.
Vehicles have no dodging ability, although their Armor and lack of damageable body parts will occasionally negate damage from weaker weapons. Troops with no dodging skills that have been Knocked Down also cannot dodge.
- A trooper attacking with Fists will miss their target a considerable amount of times (visually, the targeted grunt will display a dodge animation). When attacking a vehicle with fists, however, the trooper will hit the target with every punch. This suggests that both the attacker and the dodger are contributing to the chances of a successful dodge.
- Another instance is Kicking a downed trooper, which shows the same brilliant accuracy with no failed strikes, although kicks can't be tested on anything else other than downed troopers. Downed troopers, however, can still use active dodge abilities like Dodger and Tuck 'n' Roll.
Ways to Alter Dodge
- Running around (small bonus negated by a Biped).
- Utilizing a Wife Beater (+30%, +30% Speed).
- Upgrading to Camouflage (20%, less chance of being targeted).
- Upgrading to Zigzag (50% during running).
- Upgrading to Take Cover! (50% during reloading).
- Upgrading to Dodger (one-time 100% on the first shot).
- Upgrading to Tuck 'n' Roll (occasional multi-use 100% on performing).
- Upgrading to Brick S***house (undocumented bonus to friendlies standing on the same line and behind the owner).
- Casting Communications-based Locked (0%).
- Utilizing Paralysing Shells (need confirmation).
- Utilizing a Biped (negates standard bonus for running).
- Utilizing a Heat Sensor (0%).